Lighthouse Oyster Bar & Grill Oceanside, Ca.

Lighthouse Oyster Bar & Grill is located at the harbor in beautiful Oceanside, Ca.  Not only was the food great, but the picturesque views of the yacht harbor from our table on the rooftop deck was amazing.

Lighthouse has an extensive seafood menu and a great selection of pasta dishes. We started off the meal with a bowl of Manhattan Clam Chowder ($4.50) and the Oysters Rockefeller ($14).  The rich and creamy chowder was full of clam pieces and was served piping hot.  The Oysters Rockefeller were baked to perfection and came with a half dozen per order.

lighthouse2

We decided to order two entrees and go family style. The Stuffe Sole ($20) came with grilled veggies and wasabi & macadamia nut mashed potatoes.  The grilled veggies were delish, the wasabi & macadamia nut mashed potatoes had a unique taste, but the star of this entree was truly the Sole.  It was stuffed with crab, shrimp and cheese and made my tummy happy.

Lighthouse5

Our second selection was the Fisherman’s Fry ($24), which is a sampler of clams, oysters calamari and breaded fish.  It was served with a trio of sauces including  sweet and savory chili sauce that knocked our socks off.

Lighthouse3

Lighthouse Bar & Grill features a full bar, indoor and outdoor dining and even a Happy Hour menu.  If that’s not enough, they also a have their very own fish market downstairs where you can purchase fresh seafood to take home with you.  If you are looking for a place to eat that has an awesome view, great food and friendly wait staff, I recommend stopping by Lighthouse Bar & Grill the next time you are in Oceanside.

lighthouse7

Share Button

10 Comments

1. said:

My husband would be in heaven here. I love mashed potatoes but I’m not sure I could handle the wasabi in there too O_o

October 8, 2015
    • fantabulessmedia said:

I’m not a mashed potatoes kinda gal but took a chance on these. The macadamia nuts were a nice addition, but the wasabi was kinda weird with the potatoes.

October 9, 2015
  2. said:

I love finding restaurants on the water front when we are traveling. We don’t find very many restaurants that do family style ordering any more. Everything looks so fresh and delicious, love the tables outside the restaurant.

October 9, 2015
    • fantabulessmedia said:

I LOVE eating outside by the water. We drove out of our way until we could find a place like this and it was worth the drive!

October 9, 2015
  3. Mmmm I love seafood 😀 In NYC I don’t eat a lot of it, but when I travel to places that are well known for their seafood I usually dive in!

October 9, 2015
    • fantabulessmedia said:

We are blessed to have access to fresh seafood here in California everyday Chanel. Being able to eat on the water makes all the difference to me!

October 10, 2015
  4. said:

The views of the yacht harbor from your table on the rooftop deck sounds absolutely wonderful! As does the fisherman’s fry, the stuffed sole, and the chowder! Next time we’re Oceanside, we will have to look this place up!

October 10, 2015
  5. said:

I go hot and ocld with fish so often. Some days I just HAVE to have it and other days I’m kind of eh. This post makes me crave seafood and now I need to track some down.

October 10, 2015
  6. I’ve never been to Oceanside but I absolutely love the market nearby in Seattle! Nothing like fresh Oysters! This looks like a fantastic restaurant too, thank you for sharing! 🙂

October 10, 2015
  7. The food looks delicious. I think it’s really cool that they have a market below that you can purchase fresh seafood from. That in itself is very unique. Macadamia nuts in mashed potatoes sounds interesting and i am curious as to how that would taste. Thanks for sharing.

October 12, 2015