Hash House Restaurant San Diego

Since 2000, the Hash House has been serving up GINORMOUS portions of farm fresh food with a twist to the city of San Diego.  Heaping plates of your favorite comfort foods and twists on  down home classics are prepared fresh daily with locally sourced ingredients. The industrial feel of the place makes it urban and hip. We chose to eat outside on the patio.

I love salmon and pesto together or by themselves. When I saw the Salmon and Basil Pesto Scramble on the menu, I didn’t need to look any further.  Farm fresh eggs were scrambled into a sea of salmon, pesto, brie and tomatoes.  Each and every bite was savory and delicious.  Crispy potatoes and a biscuit rounded out this dish.  The biscuit was big as my hand and topped with a sprig of rosemary for an outstanding presentation.

hashhouse2

Next up was a massive serving of the French Toast.  All I can say about the french toast is “hold on to your socks”.  It was served with Amish style bread that had been dipped in a heavenly mixture of banana cinnamon cream and drowned in a bath of luscious maple pecan syrup. To top it off they added a grilled banana and pecans for an over the top breakfast dish.

hashhouse1

If that wasn’t enough to put us in a food coma already, we ordered the Tractor Driver Combo that came with eggs, sausage and a you guessed it; an out of this world sized waffle with bacon cooked right in!  These weren’t little bacon bits tossed in the batter, I’m talking about full size strips of bacon cooked into the waffle. The sweet and rich syrup paired with the salty bacon was enough to send me over the top!

hashhouse3

Even though we only ordered breakfast, Hash House has a wide variety of stick to your ribs meals that will have you spending the next week at the gym.   Andy’s Crispy Sage Fried Chicken,   Hash House Famous Meatloaf, and their Famous 1 Pound Stuffed Burgers are just a few menu items on my list for next time.

Now,  just a few things you need to know before pulling up your chair to dine at the Hash House.  The portions on everything are just HUGE, so you definitely want to share a dish or two with a few friends. My husband and I could barely finish on dish.  Also this a very popular place for breakfast so the sooner you get there, the better.  Grab a cup of coffee and a newspaper, and get your name on the list and relax for the next  30-45 minutes.  They did open an addition dining room just  a block up the road to handle the overflow. They serve the exact food and it’s just as good. So next time you are in San Diego, stop by the Hash House give them a try. I promise you will have a story to tell when you leave.

Hash House     3628 5th Ave San Diego, CA 92103      (619) 218-4646

Breakfast served 7:30- 2:30   Dinner served 5:30- 9 or 9:30 (depending on day)

Share Button

15 Comments

1. Angelic Sinova said:

The Hash House Restaurant looks like it has lot of yummy food! San Diego is definitely on my travel bucket list! I;m actually in California right now (visiting Disneyland) and always say I’m going to make a quick trip to San Diego! Maybe I will next time I’m in Cali in February <3

2. Robin Rue (@massholemommy) said:

We will be back in San Diego in April, so I will have to add this to my list of places that we need to go to!

3. said:

I’m such a breakfast person and those waffles look so good. I would love to visit San Diego and eat breakfast at Hash House.

• fantabulessmedia said:

You won’t be disappointed Alli, the food is amazing and the staff is great too!

December 15, 2015
  4. I will have to try this out the next time I am in the area. I love breakfast any time of the day, and these look like incredible dishes.

• fantabulessmedia said:

They serve most of the breakfast dishes all day long.

5. said:

This looks like a great breakfast selection. I can’t wait to check out some of the dishes for breakfast next time we are out there enjoying Disneyland!

• fantabulessmedia said:

This would be a great place to load up before hitting Disney, but I don’t think it’s close enough.

6. said:

This sounds like an amazing restaurant!! San Diego would be perfect right now to visit, I am over the cold weather right now.

• fantabulessmedia said:

Waiting outside with the warm California sun shining down on us was a treat. The sun is still shining here in California but it’s really cold out.

7. said:

The size of the portions omg they are huge, I do not think I can manage them but the French toast looks too delicious.

• fantabulessmedia said:

Everything was huge Miranda, so I suggest sharing a plate with a friend.

December 15, 2015
  8. Everything looks so delicious! Those waffles look absolutely perfect! This is actually making me hungry right now!

• fantabulessmedia said:

Everything was sooooooooo good!

9. said:

I would definitely want to stop here for a filling meal! I bet my boyfriend would be stoked about those portions!